SCORE: Forming Nonprofit 501 (c)(3) Corporation in Texas
|180127 Forming Nonprofit 501(c)(3) Public Charity Tax Exempt Corporation in Texas|
You must bring your own computer/laptop to access all the necessary government electronic paper filing.
NOTE: This workshop is NOT intended for Church and Religious Groups, School startup, or Medical provision that requires the long IRS Form 1023.
You MUST have the latest version of PowerPoint, MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat for pdf to follow the hyperlinked instructions.
It is imperative that you know how to use your laptop, all of its programs, and how to navigate through them; the presenter does not have the time or the technical skills to lend IT support and disrupt the flow of the workshop.
No Walk-Ins. Walk-Ins Will Be Turned Away.
The workshop will cover:
(1) Legal Definitions & Responsibilities
(2) The Path to Formation, Designation, Tax Exemption, and Dissolution
(3) Articles of Incorporation
(4) Conflict of Interest
(6) Reasonable Compensation, Due Diligence, and Arms-length
(7) Nonprofit Lean One Page Business Plan
(8) Texas Secretary Of State (SOS) Form 202 Certificate of Formation
(9) IRS Employee Identification Number (EIN) SS-4
(10) IRS Form 1023-EZ Streamlined Application for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3)
(11) Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Form AP-205 Application for Exemption – Charitable Organizations
Presenter: Sheriff Osni, certified SCORE mentor, serving the Dallas chapter as the executive vice president
Acknowledgment: Special thanks to Linda Gray