Starting a Business
Starting a Business…Let the Collin SBDC Help You!
So, you want to start a business but don’t know where to begin? The Collin Small Business Development Center provides free, private management consulting and group training to new entrepreneurs in both Collin and Rockwall counties. Throughout Plano, McKinney, Allen, Rowlett, Frisco, Wylie, Rockwall, Prosper, Farmersville, Melissa, Anna and Celina, TX, the Collin SBDC can advise on a variety of crucial startup topics including:
- SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats)
- Small business funding
- Business plan
- Market and industry research
- Business legal structure
- Buy/sell a business
To get started, please complete the Client Needs Assessment linked to this page. Your information will reach our office and within 24 hours, we will reply with the resources and guidance best suited for your needs. Click here for the Client Needs Assessment.
Additional options to help you start a business:
- Read our Top 10 FAQs page for the most frequently asked questions about starting a business.
- Take the How to Start a Small Business and Legal Aspects of Starting a Business classes.
- Check out the downloads and links & articles pages to access great resources and worksheets for start-ups including: SWOT Analysis Template & Business Plan Template
CONSULTING BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
For general questions, please call (972) 985-3770
To make an appointment, please complete the Client Needs Assessment.
Office Hours: M-F 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Skype and phone consulting appointments also available