Red – Collin SBDC Classes
Blue – Collin College Continuing Education Classes
Green – Dallas SCORE Classes
171025 How to Write an Effective Business Plan (FREE)
The Dallas SCORE chapter is presenting a workshop on writing business plans. Come join us as we take you through the 8 sections of the business plan and what you have to do in order to complete them.
n order to evaluate your business success, acquire money from lending institutions, and inform interested parties about your business you MUST have a business plan.
A well defined Business Plan includes:
- Executive Summary
- Business Description & Vision
- Definition of Market/Customer Base
- Products & Services
- Organization, Management & Daily Operations
- Employee Job Descriptions & Training
- Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Financial management
2. Process Payroll and payroll taxes and necessary forms for IRS
3. Generate Estimates, Track Billable Expenses, Progress Invoicing and Class Tracking.
4. Customize templates and reports, and create QuickBooks letters
2. Maintain appropriate records to substantiate federal tax return.
3. Learn to complete loan applications from lending institutions.
4. Prepare journals, general ledger transactions, bank reconciliation’s and prepare year-end employment tax forms.
Legal Aspects to Starting a Business
Thinking of starting a business but don’t know where to start? Confused by all the different types of entities you could form for your business and wondering which type will be best? This class will address:
• How to Effectively work with your Attorney (and save $$$ doing it)
• Choice of Entity & Documents Required
• Minimizing Liability
• Assumed Names (Doing Business As)
• Financing the Business – loans, angels & VC’s
• Intellectual Property –
→ Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets & Patents
Prestented by Terry Traveland of Traveland Law.
Terry Traveland has been practicing law since 1994 as an experienced corporate, mergers & acquisitions and securities law attorney. She provides advice to entrepreneurs on a broad range of issues including, business formation and planning, employment law, protection of intellectual property, purchases and sales of businesses, commercial transactions and contracts, loans and leases, and non-profit corporations.
Accounting & Tax Issues of a Small Business
Are the accounting and tax issues of a small business are overwhelming and is the information on the internet confusing and misleading? Join us as this class will address:
· Identify business entity (sole proprietorship, limited liability company (LLC) and corporation) and their benefits and costs
· Tax deductions available to business owners
· Recordkeeping requirements to manage your business
· What to look for when hiring a bookkeeper or accountant to assist the business
· Understanding and using financial statements as a tool to measure business performance
Presented by Keith D. Neifach, CPA of Neifach & Associates, P.C.
Marketing Strategy and Tactics for Small Business
All businesses start with the intention of becoming successful, and most of those businesses start with a product or service that could get them there, but after a few years, many of those same businesses struggle to find success. How could this be? One main reason could be that they started without a marketing budget or plan. They don’t understand marketing and they don’t understand how important marketing is in making their business a success. This class will cover:
Driving awareness of your business, product or service
Elements of a marketing plan
Marketing budget planning
Online marketing, including search and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Tactics including a focus on social media planning
Innovation and Ideation
After taking this class, you should understand the basics of marketing, the definition of an impression, the goals of an impression and the types of general tactics that you can use to help drive awareness. You should be able to develop your own marketing strategy with goals, tactics, timelines and costs. You should understand the basics of search, SEO and social media. Finally, you should understand the importance of ideation and innovation for the future success of your business.
Presented by: Steve Shalosky│Business Advisor
Collin Small Business Development Center
2. Employ business planning practices.
3. Understand capital formation.
4. Employ marketing plans.
5. Employ cash flow planning.
6. Follow tax compliance guidelines.
7. Employ insurance and legal planning.