How to Start a Business using eBay 9:00 am
How to Start a Business using eBay @ Collin College Courtyard
Oct 28 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
3 – 3 hour classes (9 hours total) Saturday’s Course Description: Learn the rules and requirements needed to start your own eBay business. You will learn eBay selling policies, equipment needed to start your own business, how to create a successful auction and...
Red – Collin SBDC Classes
Blue – Collin College Continuing Education Classes
Green – Dallas SCORE Classes
Managing a Successful Business
The Workshop provides MORE essential guidance to the Entrepreneur establishing and managing a successful, profitable business. We focus on the Financial elements of your Business Plan, the most important tool you’ll have as you begin your quest. Topics include: Brief discussion of Marketing & Sales (Pricing); Accounting for Non-accountants (how to evaluate your business with financial forecasts in a way you can understand, such as, your Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow, Break Even Analysis); Getting the correct Financing or Funding for you; ; Operations (record keeping); Legal Structure; Taxes.
What YOU need to do next to get started.
All Instructors are Certified SCORE Mentors.
Marketing Strategy and Tactics for Small Business
All businesses start with the intention of becoming successful, and most of those businesses start with a product or service that could get them there, but after a few years, many of those same businesses struggle to find success. How could this be? One main reason could be that they started without a marketing budget or plan. They don’t understand marketing and they don’t understand how important marketing is in making their business a success. This class will cover:
Driving awareness of your business, product or service
Elements of a marketing plan
Marketing budget planning
Online marketing, including search and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Tactics including a focus on social media planning
Innovation and Ideation
After taking this class, you should understand the basics of marketing, the definition of an impression, the goals of an impression and the types of general tactics that you can use to help drive awareness. You should be able to develop your own marketing strategy with goals, tactics, timelines and costs. You should understand the basics of search, SEO and social media. Finally, you should understand the importance of ideation and innovation for the future success of your business.
Presented by: Steve Shalosky│Business Advisor
Collin Small Business Development Center
2. Maintain appropriate records to substantiate federal tax return.
3. Learn to complete loan applications from lending institutions.
4. Prepare journals, general ledger transactions, bank reconciliation’s and prepare year-end employment tax forms.
2. Analyze the competition.
3. Position your company and products for competitive advantage.
4. Select the channels for your sales message.
5. Create compelling messages.
6. Create brochures.
7. Integrate direct mail with publicity, advertising, Internet, and trade shows.
8. Create strategic alliances.
9. Create a sales forecast.
10. Write a marketing plan.
171025 How to Write an Effective Business Plan (FREE)
The Dallas SCORE chapter is presenting a workshop on writing business plans. Come join us as we take you through the 8 sections of the business plan and what you have to do in order to complete them.
n order to evaluate your business success, acquire money from lending institutions, and inform interested parties about your business you MUST have a business plan.
A well defined Business Plan includes:
- Executive Summary
- Business Description & Vision
- Definition of Market/Customer Base
- Products & Services
- Organization, Management & Daily Operations
- Employee Job Descriptions & Training
- Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Financial management
2. Identify the differences in eBay Buying & Selling accounts
3. Identify the differences in PayPal accounts
4. Understand research capabilities of eBay
5. Understand the basic requirements for starting a business
6. Identify the requirements for a home office
7. Establish a product line / identify merchandise needs
8. Create detailed product descriptions
9. Create inventory photographs
10. Understand the Sell-Your-Item form layout
11. Understand pricing strategies for merchandise
12. Determine pricing of merchandise
13. Complete first auction
14. Monitor listing and follow-up on questions
15. Accept payment
16. Pack and ship
17. Leave feedback
18. Utilize advanced eBay tools
19. Market eBay business
20. Detect trends in online businesses
Attend a free holiday livestream workshop!
The Collin SBDC, Small Business Administration, Google, Facebook, Square, and Constant Contact have teamed up to help small businesses get online and grow with a free holiday, livestream workshop and Collin SBDC is hosting a viewing party for small businesses to get together and tune in.
Small businesses are the growth engine of our economy, creating 2 out of 3 new jobs. And businesses that are online grow 40% faster than those that aren’t. We can help small businesses connect with more customers by helping them get online and on the map.
Help more customers connect with your business on the web–it’s free and easy to get started.
Bring your laptop to be an active participant!
We hope you’ll join us to learn more.
Strategic, and specific grant writing helps align the identified needs of a nonprofit (and its clients) with funding sources, whether foundations, government agencies, corporations or individuals.
This workshop offers a guide to the technical details of grant writing, an increasingly crucial method for raising money to fund projects and programs for nonprofits and other organizations.
The workshop explores the relationship of grant writing to an organization’s strategy for fundraising which is critical to running the business aspects of the nonprofit organization. It also outlines the stages of grant writing and highlinghts grant writing practices.
LAPTOPS ARE ENCOURAGED!