How to Start a Business using eBay 9:00 am
How to Start a Business using eBay @ Collin College Courtyard
Oct 28 @ 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
3 – 3 hour classes (9 hours total) Saturday’s Course Description: Learn the rules and requirements needed to start your own eBay business. You will learn eBay selling policies, equipment needed to start your own business, how to create a successful auction and...
Red – Collin SBDC Classes
Blue – Collin College Continuing Education Classes
Green – Dallas SCORE Classes
171025 How to Write an Effective Business Plan (FREE)
The Dallas SCORE chapter is presenting a workshop on writing business plans. Come join us as we take you through the 8 sections of the business plan and what you have to do in order to complete them.
n order to evaluate your business success, acquire money from lending institutions, and inform interested parties about your business you MUST have a business plan.
A well defined Business Plan includes:
- Executive Summary
- Business Description & Vision
- Definition of Market/Customer Base
- Products & Services
- Organization, Management & Daily Operations
- Employee Job Descriptions & Training
- Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Financial management
2. Identify the differences in eBay Buying & Selling accounts
3. Identify the differences in PayPal accounts
4. Understand research capabilities of eBay
5. Understand the basic requirements for starting a business
6. Identify the requirements for a home office
7. Establish a product line / identify merchandise needs
8. Create detailed product descriptions
9. Create inventory photographs
10. Understand the Sell-Your-Item form layout
11. Understand pricing strategies for merchandise
12. Determine pricing of merchandise
13. Complete first auction
14. Monitor listing and follow-up on questions
15. Accept payment
16. Pack and ship
17. Leave feedback
18. Utilize advanced eBay tools
19. Market eBay business
20. Detect trends in online businesses
Attend a free holiday livestream workshop!
The Collin SBDC, Small Business Administration, Google, Facebook, Square, and Constant Contact have teamed up to help small businesses get online and grow with a free holiday, livestream workshop and Collin SBDC is hosting a viewing party for small businesses to get together and tune in.
Small businesses are the growth engine of our economy, creating 2 out of 3 new jobs. And businesses that are online grow 40% faster than those that aren’t. We can help small businesses connect with more customers by helping them get online and on the map.
Help more customers connect with your business on the web–it’s free and easy to get started.
Bring your laptop to be an active participant!
We hope you’ll join us to learn more.
Strategic, and specific grant writing helps align the identified needs of a nonprofit (and its clients) with funding sources, whether foundations, government agencies, corporations or individuals.
This workshop offers a guide to the technical details of grant writing, an increasingly crucial method for raising money to fund projects and programs for nonprofits and other organizations.
The workshop explores the relationship of grant writing to an organization’s strategy for fundraising which is critical to running the business aspects of the nonprofit organization. It also outlines the stages of grant writing and highlinghts grant writing practices.
LAPTOPS ARE ENCOURAGED!
IRS Small Business Tax Workshop
Do you know your tax responsibilities as a small business owner?
This workshop is designed as an awareness seminar to inform business owners of their tax obligations. Tax information for each of the small business structures is provided along with a review of independent contractors versus employees, and an introduction to tax forms required from a small business.
Presented by Henry Harris, CPA
of Altland and Harris Financial Group, Inc.
2. Process Payroll and payroll taxes and necessary forms for IRS
3. Generate Estimates, Track Billable Expenses, Progress Invoicing and Class Tracking.
4. Customize templates and reports, and create QuickBooks letters
How to Start a Small Business
It’s back to basics! If you want to start a business but don’t know where to begin, then this class is for you. This class will address many of the questions you should ask yourself before beginning the process of starting a new business.
Why start a small business?
• What are your goals?
• What are your strengths?
• What are your values?
• How do you work?
The workshop will also cover the process of starting a business:
Starting a business
• How to analyze feasibility of your idea
• How to prepare business plan
• Selecting legal form
• Sources of capital
• Business licenses and permits
• Sources of information