Red – Collin SBDC Classes
Blue – Collin College Continuing Education Classes
Green – Dallas SCORE Classes
IRS Small Business Tax Workshop
Do you know your tax responsibilities as a small business owner?
This workshop is designed as an awareness seminar to inform business owners of their tax obligations. Tax information for each of the small business structures is provided along with a review of independent contractors versus employees, and an introduction to tax forms required from a small business.
Presented by Henry Harris, CPA
of Altland and Harris Financial Group, Inc.
How to Start a Small Business
It’s back to basics! If you want to start a business but don’t know where to begin, then this class is for you. This class will address many of the questions you should ask yourself before beginning the process of starting a new business.
Why start a small business?
• What are your goals?
• What are your strengths?
• What are your values?
• How do you work?
The workshop will also cover the process of starting a business:
Starting a business
• How to analyze feasibility of your idea
• How to prepare business plan
• Selecting legal form
• Sources of capital
• Business licenses and permits
• Sources of information
171025 How to Write an Effective Business Plan (FREE)
The Dallas SCORE chapter is presenting a workshop on writing business plans. Come join us as we take you through the 8 sections of the business plan and what you have to do in order to complete them.
n order to evaluate your business success, acquire money from lending institutions, and inform interested parties about your business you MUST have a business plan.
A well defined Business Plan includes:
- Executive Summary
- Business Description & Vision
- Definition of Market/Customer Base
- Products & Services
- Organization, Management & Daily Operations
- Employee Job Descriptions & Training
- Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Financial management
2. Process Payroll and payroll taxes and necessary forms for IRS
3. Generate Estimates, Track Billable Expenses, Progress Invoicing and Class Tracking.
4. Customize templates and reports, and create QuickBooks letters
2. Maintain appropriate records to substantiate federal tax return.
3. Learn to complete loan applications from lending institutions.
4. Prepare journals, general ledger transactions, bank reconciliation’s and prepare year-end employment tax forms.