Collin SBDC Closed for ASBDC National Conference 8:00 am
How to Write an Effective Business Plan (Free) 6:00 pm
How to Write an Effective Business Plan (Free) @ Hyatt Place - Allen
Sep 27 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
In order to evaluate your business success, acquire money from lending institutions, and inform interested parties about your business you MUST have a business plan. A well defined Business Plan includes: Executive Summary Business Description & Vision Definition of Market/Customer Base Products &...
Red – Collin SBDC Classes
Blue – Collin College Continuing Education Classes
Green – Dallas SCORE Classes
IRS Small Business Tax Workshop
Do you know your tax responsibilities as a small business owner?
This workshop is designed as an awareness seminar to inform business owners of their tax obligations. Tax information for each of the small business structures is provided along with a review of independent contractors versus employees, and an introduction to tax forms required from a small business.
Presented by Henry Harris, CPA
of Altland and Harris Financial Group, Inc.
2. Maintain appropriate records to substantiate federal tax return.
3. Learn to complete loan applications from lending institutions.
4. Prepare journals, general ledger transactions, bank reconciliation’s and prepare year-end employment tax forms.
2. Employ business planning practices.
3. Understand capital formation.
4. Employ marketing plans.
5. Employ cash flow planning.
6. Follow tax compliance guidelines.
7. Employ insurance and legal planning.
How to Start a Small Business
It’s back to basics! If you want to start a business but don’t know where to begin, then this class is for you. This class will address many of the questions you should ask yourself before beginning the process of starting a new business.
Why start a small business?
• What are your goals?
• What are your strengths?
• What are your values?
• How do you work?
The workshop will also cover the process of starting a business:
Starting a business
• How to analyze feasibility of your idea
• How to prepare business plan
• Selecting legal form
• Sources of capital
• Business licenses and permits
• Sources of information
Legal Aspects to Starting a Business
Thinking of starting a business but don’t know where to start? Confused by all the different types of entities you could form for your business and wondering which type will be best? This class will address:
• How to Effectively work with your Attorney (and save $$$ doing it)
• Choice of Entity & Documents Required
• Minimizing Liability
• Assumed Names (Doing Business As)
• Financing the Business – loans, angels & VC’s
• Intellectual Property –
→ Trademarks, Copyrights, Trade Secrets & Patents
Prestented by Terry Traveland of Traveland Law.
Terry Traveland has been practicing law since 1994 as an experienced corporate, mergers & acquisitions and securities law attorney. She provides advice to entrepreneurs on a broad range of issues including, business formation and planning, employment law, protection of intellectual property, purchases and sales of businesses, commercial transactions and contracts, loans and leases, and non-profit corporations.
This workshop walks you through the process from deciding what kind of employee to hire, navigating the legal requirements, and posting the job, plus…. much more.
BB&T will focus on Insurance/Risk Management
Small Business Insurance:
- Your business is unique… and so are your risks
- Assessing Risk
- Anticipating Disruptions that could lead to financial loss
- Risk Control Solutions
- Analytic Solutions
- Client Focused Risk Solutions