Red – Collin SBDC Classes
Blue – Collin College Continuing Education Classes
Green – Dallas SCORE Classes
2. Employ business planning practices.
3. Understand capital formation.
4. Employ marketing plans.
5. Employ cash flow planning.
6. Follow tax compliance guidelines.
7. Employ insurance and legal planning.
IRS Small Business Tax Workshop
Do you know your tax responsibilities as a small business owner?
This workshop is designed as an awareness seminar to inform business owners of their tax obligations. Tax information for each of the small business structures is provided along with a review of independent contractors versus employees, and an introduction to tax forms required from a small business.
Presented by Henry Harris, CPA
of Altland and Harris Financial Group, Inc.
2. Process Payroll and payroll taxes and necessary forms for IRS
3. Generate Estimates, Track Billable Expenses, Progress Invoicing and Class Tracking.
4. Customize templates and reports, and create QuickBooks letters
4 – 3 hours classes (12 hours total) Tues-Thurs. 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm
2. Conduct market analysis.
3. Develop marketing strategies.
4. Prepare financial projections and estimate capital resource requirements.
5. Launch a business from the drawing board.
How to Start a Small Business
It’s back to basics! If you want to start a business but don’t know where to begin, then this class is for you. This class will address many of the questions you should ask yourself before beginning the process of starting a new business.
Why start a small business?
• What are your goals?
• What are your strengths?
• What are your values?
• How do you work?
The workshop will also cover the process of starting a business:
Starting a business
• How to analyze feasibility of your idea
• How to prepare business plan
• Selecting legal form
• Sources of capital
• Business licenses and permits
• Sources of information
171025 How to Write an Effective Business Plan (FREE)
The Dallas SCORE chapter is presenting a workshop on writing business plans. Come join us as we take you through the 8 sections of the business plan and what you have to do in order to complete them.
n order to evaluate your business success, acquire money from lending institutions, and inform interested parties about your business you MUST have a business plan.
A well defined Business Plan includes:
- Executive Summary
- Business Description & Vision
- Definition of Market/Customer Base
- Products & Services
- Organization, Management & Daily Operations
- Employee Job Descriptions & Training
- Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Financial management
QuickBooks Intermediate –
Move beyond the basics. Learn to manually enter receipts, download transactions from financial institutions and reconcile your accounts. Set up and Process Payroll. Learn about Payroll taxes and how to file necessary forms for the IRS.
QuickBooks Intermediate –
Get familiar with the Online Banking Center and how it works. Process Payroll and payroll taxes and necessary forms for IRS. Generate Estimates, Track Billable Expenses, Progress Invoicing and Class Tracking. Customize templates and reports, and create QuickBooks letters.
Accounting & Tax Issues of a Small Business
Are the accounting and tax issues of a small business are overwhelming and is the information on the internet confusing and misleading? Join us as this class will address:
· Identify business entity (sole proprietorship, limited liability company (LLC) and corporation) and their benefits and costs
· Tax deductions available to business owners
· Recordkeeping requirements to manage your business
· What to look for when hiring a bookkeeper or accountant to assist the business
· Understanding and using financial statements as a tool to measure business performance
Presented by Keith D. Neifach, CPA of Neifach & Associates, P.C.